Lymphoma diagnoses may be challenging and often require expertise to manage the diagnostic complexities. Lymphoma Consult is a diagnostic solution managed by experienced, board-certified pathologists to direct evaluation and order medically necessary multi-modal testing to provide accurate diagnosis and prognosis.
Lymphoma Consult includes morphology, flow cytometry, and/or fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), and molecular tests as medically necessary. Results of ancillary testing are integrated within the morphology report either upfront or in an addendum.
There are more than 90 subtypes of nodal and extranodal lymphomas. Frequently, lymphoma diagnosis requires a comprehensive laboratory work-up with multiple test modalities in order to render a definitive diagnosis.
Lymphoma Consult is a selected and personalized lab work-up to provide diagnostic clarity and often prognostic or predictive information to help inform effective patient care management.
- Tissue/Lymph Node
- Fresh lymph node or needle core tissue biopsy in RPMI: 0.5-1 cm3 is recommended (minimum 0.5 cm3). To improve viability, tissues larger than 0.5 cm3 should be cut into smaller pieces and intact lymph nodes should be at least bisected. Collect under sterile conditions, as if for microbiologic culture.
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue block or tissue in 10% NBF
- Note: Fresh tissue, before submitting to Neo, must be split to RPMI (for flow studies) and 10% NBF (for morphology)
- NY Clients: Please provide Date and Time of Collection
- Note: Please exclude biopsy needles, blades, and other foreign objects from transport tubes. These can compromise specimen viability and yield, and create hazards for employees.