Through our Tech-Only Service, NeoGenomics offers multiple opportunities for client pathologists to participate in the diagnostic process and create revenue by billing for professional services they provide.
In Anatomic Pathology, testing procedures commonly have two components: the professional component or “PC”, which is performed by the ordering physician, and the technical component or “TC”. The technical component involves test-specific sample preparation and processing to produce result data, and is always performed by NeoGenomics.
The steps to fulfill the professional component vary depending on the test ordered.
|Testing Technology||Client Physician Activity||Features|
|Flow cytometry, FISH, ISH, and IHC||– Circle target area if solid tumor FISH
– Review case data and create report
|– Sign-out and interpretation are controlled by ordering physician
– Report text guides are available and can be edited for individual use
– Data and images are delivered in an easy-to-use, secure interface
– Reports can be customized with physician’s practice name and logo
Practices utilizing this model often refer to it as a “TC/PC split” and order “tech-only” or “TC only” from NeoGenomics. NeoGenomics offers frequent, free training sessions through webinars, on-demand presentation, and in-person instruction. We are pleased to partner with your practice with the following Tech-Only Services:
Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- ALK rearrangements in non-small cell lung cancer
- HemeFISH™ (hematopathology single probes and panels)
- HER2 breast
- HER2 gastric & other cancers
- Bladder cancer
- MelanoSITE™ (for melanoma)
- Specimen preparation/staining
- Digital imaging
In-Situ Hybridization (ISH)
- Kappa/Lambda and EBER Testing
If you’re ready to bring the benefits of Tech-Only service to your organization, contact a Territory Business Manager today!