Through our Tech-Only Service, NeoGenomics offers multiple opportunities for client pathologists to participate in the diagnostic process and provide professional component services.
In Anatomic Pathology, testing procedures commonly have two components: the professional component or “PC”, which is performed by the ordering physician, and the technical component or “TC”. The technical component involves test-specific sample preparation and processing to produce result data, and is always performed by NeoGenomics.
The steps to fulfill the professional component vary depending on the test ordered.
|Testing Technology||Client Physician Activity||Features|
|Flow cytometry, FISH, ISH, and IHC||– Circle target area if solid tumor FISH
– Review case data and create report
|– Sign-out and interpretation are controlled by ordering physician
– Report text guides are available and can be edited for individual use
– Data and images are delivered in an easy-to-use, secure interface
– Reports can be customized with physician’s practice name and logo
Practices utilizing this model often refer to it as a “TC/PC split” and order “tech-only” or “TC only” from NeoGenomics. NeoGenomics offers frequent, free training sessions through webinars, on-demand presentation, and in-person instruction. We are pleased to partner with your practice with the following Tech-Only Services:
Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- ALK rearrangements in non-small cell lung cancer
- HemeFISH™ (hematopathology single probes and panels)
- HER2 breast
- HER2 gastric & other cancers
- Bladder cancer
- MelanoSITE™ (for melanoma)
- Specimen preparation/staining
- Digital imaging
In-Situ Hybridization (ISH)
- Kappa/Lambda and EBER Testing
If you’re ready to bring the benefits of Tech-Only service to your organization, contact a Territory Business Manager today!