Medicare Billing

Click here if you’re a patient

To contact our Billing Department, please call us toll free at (866) 776-5907 and press 2.

Medicare continues to reimburse these procedures at 80% of the fee schedule amount and requires that the patient be billed for the remaining 20% coinsurance and any deductible amounts. The following information must be provided when NeoGenomics Laboratories is to bill Medicare directly.

Indicate with a mark the “Medicare” billing option on the test request form:
  • Complete Patient Demographics
    • Full Name
    • Gender
    • Date of Birth
    • Address
    • Telephone Number
  • Specimen collection date and time
  • Patient’s status: inpatient, outpatient, or non-patient
  • Ordering physician’s first and last name
  • Treating physician’s first and last name
  • Medicare number as it appears on the Medicare card
  • All applicable ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes to their highest level of specificity
  • Secondary insurance information if applicable
  • Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) (if necessary)
Research the following topics below to learn more about our Medicare Billing Policies: